Skip to main content

Say her name by Juno Dawson

Say her name by Juno Dawson

Drip...drip...drip... In five days, she will come...

Roberta 'Bobbie' Rowe is not the kind of person who believes in ghosts. A Halloween dare at her ridiculously spooky boarding school is no big deal, especially when her best friend Naya and cute local boy Caine agree to join in too. They are ordered to summon the legendary ghost of Bloody Mary: say her name five times in front of a candlelit mirror, and she shall appear... But, surprise surprise, nothing happens. Or does it? 

Next morning, Bobbie finds a message on her bathroom mirror - five days - but what does it mean? And who left it there? Things get increasingly weird and more terrifying for Bobbie and Naya, until it becomes all too clear that Bloody Mary was indeed called from the afterlife that night, and she is definitely not a friendly ghost. Bobbie, Naya and Caine are now in a race against time before their five days are up and Mary comes for them, as she has come for countless others before... A truly spine-chilling yet witty horror from shortlisted 'Queen of Teen' author James Dawson.

✮ ✮  

Ok…. So lets start by saying this book came from the young adults section but the cover grabbed me and what the book was about sold it!!

Right from page one I was totally hooked, as I kept reading it just left me wanting more.

The story line of this book is fantastic! As I’m sure for a lot of you, when we were at school the story of Bloody Mary circled our halls, it most defiantly did when I was at school anyway, so this book brought back all them school feelings and questions of: Is it true? What would happen is I did it? Should I do it? Am I a chicken if I don’t?

This book defiantly gave me a few jumps along the way as well as an unnerving feeling in places! The bed part! Oh my, my heart was beating out of my chest! For anyone that knows me, they know I do not like anything under the duvet apart from me! Lol and reading that part 100% unnerved me!

There is also a couple twists or shocks in this book if you like, a couple of times I would get to the end of a chapter and be like ‘what really?’ ***Mouth wide open***

which I really did like, this book I think is fantastically written and is a brilliant story line!


As well as having the scary/horror side to this book as you fully get into it and find out why things are happening there is a very sad reason of why it is going on, it’s almost like a horror/romance all in one which I thought was a good twist to the book.

And finally to finish off this review….. All I can say without giving to much away is…… Oh my goodness what an ending!! This is honestly a really good book to read!

If you do get this book I hope you enjoy it and leave me a comment saying what you thought.

Me rating is: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮  

(5 stars)


Thank you for reading.


Say her name on amazon for the kindle version or paperback:

Author: Juno Dawson



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I still remember - Review - Blog Tour.

I still remember by  Priya Prithviraj. Blog Tour. Title:  I Still Remember Genre : Contemporary Romance/ Coming-of-Age Age category : Young Adult Release date : May 14, 2017 How do you forget someone you’ve loved once? Ji-woo dreams of becoming a writer and is back in college giving it a second shot. But then Weon-gyu, her first love, comes back into her new life. Will she give up on her dreams or will she write them a happy ending? So… this book is a nice short read, something nice and easy to pick up. I read this on holiday and I wanted something that I could get stuck into but something that wasn’t going to take all my time up if I got stuck into it and to be honest this book did just that I actually finished it in 2 nights. For me personally, I would have liked a bit more background on the characters that are in the book so we could relate to them a bit more. I liked how to story is about a love you once had can turn up at ...

A monster calls by Patrick Ness - Review

A monster calls. By Patrick Ness The bestselling novel about love, loss and hope from the twice Carnegie Medal-winning Patrick Ness, soon to be a major motion picture. Conor has the same dream every night, ever since his mother first fell ill, ever since she started the treatments that don't quite seem to be working. But tonight is different. Tonight, when he wakes, there's a visitor at his window. It’s ancient, elemental, a force of nature. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor. It wants the truth. Patrick Ness takes the final idea of the late, award-winning writer Siobhan Dowd and weaves an extraordinary and heart-breaking tale of mischief, healing and above all, the courage it takes to survive. Me and my very good friend A little ray of sunshine decided that we were going to do a read along together with this book, so we set up the date that we was going to start and we set 1 chapter per day as we weren't sure about time due to ...

The forgetting time by Sharon Guskin.

The forgetting time by Sharon Guskin. Noah is four and wants to go home. The only trouble is he's already there. Janie's son is her world, and it breaks her heart that he has nightmares. That he's terrified of water. That he sometimes pushes her away and screams that he wants his real mother. That it's getting worse and worse, and no one seems to be able to help. In desperation, she turns to someone who might have an answer - but it may not be one she's ready to hear. It may also mean losing the one thing she loves more than anything: Noah. A novel that spans life, death and everything in between,  The Forgetting Time  tells an unforgettable story - about Noah, about love, and, above all, about the things we hold on to when we have nothing else. ✮   ✮   The storyline of this book has always been a huge interest of mine so when the cover caught my eye (in my local Tesco 😉 ) and I read what it was about I had to get it! To start ...