Skip to main content

The fear by C.L Taylor - Blog tour.

The fear by C.L. Taylor.


When Lou Wandsworth ran away to France with her teacher Mike Hughes, she thought he was the love of her life. But Mike wasn’t what he seemed and he left her life in pieces.

Now 32, Lou discovers that he is involved with teenager Chloe Meadows. Determined to make sure history doesn’t repeat itself, she returns home to confront him for the damage he’s caused.

But Mike is a predator of the worst kind, and as Lou tries to bring him to justice, it’s clear that she could once again become his prey…

✮ ✮

So I have to start by saying even though I knew what the book was about when I started to read the book it wasn't how I thought it would be however it’s definitely my type of book and I did enjoy reading it!
This book is set in what I call ‘character chapters’ so each chapter jumps from character to character but it is very cleverly written and I found I didn’t get lost when this happened like I have in previous books.

I love how the main character in the book would potentially put her own life in danger to help another young girl from going through what she had when she was younger!
I found myself wanting to shout at the book in places ‘Chole just listen to Lou!’ i would be thinking a lot! It really does get you engrossed in the story, you’ll find it very hard to put down!

Some of this book is very graphic, for those of you who don’t know it’s about a 14-year-old girl being groomed by an older man and I think what makes it more hard-hitting is most of what happens in this book you have heard about happening from the papers, news on tv etc in our life.

As I’ve said this is brilliantly written and very well paced, it kept me hooked on every page!

The ending well there’s not much I can say about that without giving too much away but Oh my goodness I was not expecting that!


This, on the whole, is definitely worth a read I would highly recommend it!

If you do get this book I hope you enjoy it and leave me a comment on what you thought!

My rating is: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
(4 stars)
Thank you for reading.

Author: C.L Taylor.

You can get a copy of The fear by C.L Taylor here:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I still remember - Review - Blog Tour.

I still remember by  Priya Prithviraj. Blog Tour. Title:  I Still Remember Genre : Contemporary Romance/ Coming-of-Age Age category : Young Adult Release date : May 14, 2017 How do you forget someone you’ve loved once? Ji-woo dreams of becoming a writer and is back in college giving it a second shot. But then Weon-gyu, her first love, comes back into her new life. Will she give up on her dreams or will she write them a happy ending? So… this book is a nice short read, something nice and easy to pick up. I read this on holiday and I wanted something that I could get stuck into but something that wasn’t going to take all my time up if I got stuck into it and to be honest this book did just that I actually finished it in 2 nights. For me personally, I would have liked a bit more background on the characters that are in the book so we could relate to them a bit more. I liked how to story is about a love you once had can turn up at ...

A monster calls by Patrick Ness - Review

A monster calls. By Patrick Ness The bestselling novel about love, loss and hope from the twice Carnegie Medal-winning Patrick Ness, soon to be a major motion picture. Conor has the same dream every night, ever since his mother first fell ill, ever since she started the treatments that don't quite seem to be working. But tonight is different. Tonight, when he wakes, there's a visitor at his window. It’s ancient, elemental, a force of nature. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor. It wants the truth. Patrick Ness takes the final idea of the late, award-winning writer Siobhan Dowd and weaves an extraordinary and heart-breaking tale of mischief, healing and above all, the courage it takes to survive. Me and my very good friend A little ray of sunshine decided that we were going to do a read along together with this book, so we set up the date that we was going to start and we set 1 chapter per day as we weren't sure about time due to ...

The forgetting time by Sharon Guskin.

The forgetting time by Sharon Guskin. Noah is four and wants to go home. The only trouble is he's already there. Janie's son is her world, and it breaks her heart that he has nightmares. That he's terrified of water. That he sometimes pushes her away and screams that he wants his real mother. That it's getting worse and worse, and no one seems to be able to help. In desperation, she turns to someone who might have an answer - but it may not be one she's ready to hear. It may also mean losing the one thing she loves more than anything: Noah. A novel that spans life, death and everything in between,  The Forgetting Time  tells an unforgettable story - about Noah, about love, and, above all, about the things we hold on to when we have nothing else. ✮   ✮   The storyline of this book has always been a huge interest of mine so when the cover caught my eye (in my local Tesco 😉 ) and I read what it was about I had to get it! To start ...