Skip to main content

The girl who lied by Sue Fortin - Review.

The girl who lied by Sue Fortin.




The truth hurts…

Erin and Roisin were once friends until a fatal accident ruined both their lives. Now, Roisin has discovered a secret—one Erin has kept for over a decade—and she’s determined to make Erin pay for her lies.

Erin wants nothing to do with Roisin. She has a new life in London and no intention of going back home. Yet when her father is mysteriously and critically injured, Erin has no choice but to return and face Roisin—and her past. Erin knows if the secret of what she gave up got out, the consequences could be devastating.

When Roisin suddenly disappears, suspicion soon lands on Erin. She would do anything to protect her family, but just how far is she willing to go when time is running out…?

Right, well one day I was doing my normal looking in charity shops for books, I hadn’t had much luck up to this point, but then a cover of a book grabbed me, so I picked it up and it was The girl who lied by Sue Fortin, I read the back and ‘I got to have this’ popped into my head, so I went to the counter paid for it, got home and started it and it did not disappoint!



This book gets right into the story which for me is brilliant!

I love how there are many twists to keep you thinking along the way, you start to think you know what’s going to happen but then something happens and you don’t.

The lie was not what I was expecting at all so when I did get to that part it did genially shock me and throughout this book where I thought ‘ah that’s going to happen’ it turned around and I was wrong but I’m glad I was because I did really enjoy finding out the reasons behind why things were happening and why they happened in the first place.

The whole plot of this book I could honestly see happening in everyday life, hopefully, without the tragedy this book has, but the whole idea of why this girl was lying I really could see someone going through, which made this book more gripping as it almost sounded true that it had happened. 



I really did enjoy this book, I loved the plot of the story, how it was written and the twists that kept you thinking, so I would certainly recommend this book, I also cannot wait to read more of Sue Fortin’s work.


If you do get this book I hope you enjoy it and leave me a comment saying what you thought.


My rating is: ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ 
(5 stars)


Thank you for reading.



The girl who lied currently 99p on Amazon for Kindles:

Author: Sue Fortin
   
                 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I still remember - Review - Blog Tour.

I still remember by  Priya Prithviraj. Blog Tour. Title:  I Still Remember Genre : Contemporary Romance/ Coming-of-Age Age category : Young Adult Release date : May 14, 2017 How do you forget someone you’ve loved once? Ji-woo dreams of becoming a writer and is back in college giving it a second shot. But then Weon-gyu, her first love, comes back into her new life. Will she give up on her dreams or will she write them a happy ending? So… this book is a nice short read, something nice and easy to pick up. I read this on holiday and I wanted something that I could get stuck into but something that wasn’t going to take all my time up if I got stuck into it and to be honest this book did just that I actually finished it in 2 nights. For me personally, I would have liked a bit more background on the characters that are in the book so we could relate to them a bit more. I liked how to story is about a love you once had can turn up at ...

A monster calls by Patrick Ness - Review

A monster calls. By Patrick Ness The bestselling novel about love, loss and hope from the twice Carnegie Medal-winning Patrick Ness, soon to be a major motion picture. Conor has the same dream every night, ever since his mother first fell ill, ever since she started the treatments that don't quite seem to be working. But tonight is different. Tonight, when he wakes, there's a visitor at his window. It’s ancient, elemental, a force of nature. And it wants the most dangerous thing of all from Conor. It wants the truth. Patrick Ness takes the final idea of the late, award-winning writer Siobhan Dowd and weaves an extraordinary and heart-breaking tale of mischief, healing and above all, the courage it takes to survive. Me and my very good friend A little ray of sunshine decided that we were going to do a read along together with this book, so we set up the date that we was going to start and we set 1 chapter per day as we weren't sure about time due to ...

The forgetting time by Sharon Guskin.

The forgetting time by Sharon Guskin. Noah is four and wants to go home. The only trouble is he's already there. Janie's son is her world, and it breaks her heart that he has nightmares. That he's terrified of water. That he sometimes pushes her away and screams that he wants his real mother. That it's getting worse and worse, and no one seems to be able to help. In desperation, she turns to someone who might have an answer - but it may not be one she's ready to hear. It may also mean losing the one thing she loves more than anything: Noah. A novel that spans life, death and everything in between,  The Forgetting Time  tells an unforgettable story - about Noah, about love, and, above all, about the things we hold on to when we have nothing else. ✮   ✮   The storyline of this book has always been a huge interest of mine so when the cover caught my eye (in my local Tesco 😉 ) and I read what it was about I had to get it! To start ...